TESTING FOR DYSLEXIA
Psycho-Educational Evaluation: click here for a list of professionals in Hawai’i who do comprehensive assessment/evaluation for dyslexia. While the IDA or the IDA Hawai‘i Branch do not endorse or recommend any individuals or businesses, the list is available to help inform parents and others seeking professional assessment/evaluation services. Contact the providers directly for more information about their professional services and fees.
- Click on the following link for more information from the International Dyslexia Association about assessment for dyslexia:
- Get Ready to Read Screening Tool is designed to be used by parents and early education providers with children ages 3-5 in the year before they enter kindergarten.
- Lexercise offers a free online screener to help determine if a child may need help or be at risk for dyslexia. Click on the following link to access the screener: Online Dyslexia Test
- U.S. Department of Education policy guidance on IDEA/IEP terms, including dyslexia: click here to download the U.S.DOE 4-page letter
- Tutor Resource List: Click here for a list of private, fee-for-service tutors in Hawai’i who are trained in Structured Literacy instruction. While the IDA or the IDA Hawai‘i Branch do not endorse or recommend any individuals, the list is available to help inform parents and others seeking professional tutoring services. Contact the private tutors directly for more information about their professional services and fees.Click on the following links for more information about reading instruction and dyslexia:
Share this page with your friends…