A RESOURCE GUIDE ABOUT DYSLEXIA FOR PEOPLE IN HAWAI’I
- Newly updated and enhanced (2018)
- Click here to download the Resource Guide (PDF) authored by UH Professor and former IDA Hawai‘i Branch Board Member Kathy Ferguson, Ph.D.
- Companion to Resource Guide: 13-page booklet with Resources in Hawai’i
- An annotated bibliography of the 1st edition (2008) of the Resource Guide is available. Read more…
Order your copy of the Resource Guide (2nd edition, 2018) — $5 shipping and handling fee per Guide
Mail a check payable to “HIDA” to:
PO Box 893670
Mililani, HI 96789-0670
**Include your full name and mailing address.
Kathy with her husband Gili at the April 30, 2019 award ceremony.
Kathy is the 2019 recipient of the University of Hawai’i Mānoa Robert W. Clopton Award for Distinguished Community Service. She was recognized for her work in the service of dyslexia and literacy in Hawai’i, including her many years as a HIDA volunteer. Kathy is Professor of Political Science and Women’s Studies at UH Mānoa. She is also a Certified Orton-Gillingham tutor. Click here to read more about Kathy’s work and this distinguished award at the UH Mānoa website.
- Click here to download the IDA Hawai‘i Branch brochure on dyslexia.
TIPS FOR PARENTS AND FAMILIES OF CHILDREN WITH DYSLEXIA
Click here to download the 22 page booklet with practical tips from IDA Hawai‘i Branch members. IDA Hawai‘i Branch hopes that sharing these tips and ideas will help parents and teachers assist their children with dyslexia.
Share this page with your friends…